You’re coming to our escape rooms and now you have to work out how you’re going to escape and ultimately win. But how? You’re going to be excited with adrenaline flowing, you could easily make mistakes and you’ve only got an hour to do it in. Plus, the clues and puzzles aren’t easy to find and when you do, you then have to try and work them out in order to escape. Think it’s too hard? Do not fear, we’ve come up with some tips to help you escape from one of our rooms.
1) Make sure you play with people you know, so you have less likelihood of clashes, and pick those with the right strengths and skills. You don’t want to be arguing with people you don’t know, and you want to pick people who are good at working out puzzles, thinking on their feet and who stay nice and calm throughout.
2) If you choose too many people, then you’re going to be up close and personal in a small space and if you don’t know each other that well, it might not be that much fun. Perhaps best to choose a smaller group then. When there’s less people there’s far more surprises and more things for everyone to do, so everyone’s included and basically, it’s much more fun.
3) Don’t try and do it all yourself by hogging all the puzzles, if you can’t figure it out yourself share between those you think can. Someone else taking over will bring a fresh pair of eyes and help see something you’ve missed. You’re all there to work as a team anyway, and there’s no I in team, so be prepared to work as one.
4) Be prepared to listen and try out things your team suggest, no need to be dismissive always be prepared to try new things if it means solving another puzzle and getting closer to escaping. Even if it’s an idea that doesn’t work, always encourage and praise your teammates for trying.
5) Make sure everyone knows when someone has worked out one clue, so people aren’t constantly going back to the same ones. Then make sure you know where they are as you go to work out another one, perhaps you could pick someone who can take care of the solved puzzles and clues. And make sure you search the rooms thoroughly, because clues won’t be there where you can see them, they’ll be hidden from view, so you need to be sharp enough to search everywhere.
Do you think you have what it takes now? Are you an Escape room pro? If so, come down and visit us here at Escape Games Livingston where you’ll find a selection of themed rooms to choose from and a friendly welcoming team. We’ll see you there!